(1 Samuel 5:1 - 6:21)
- Painful the Walk of the Men of Ashdod,
- Searing the Pain in the Ashdod Ass.
- Stole the Ark and they brought it to Ashdod,
- Brought it to use in Dagon's mass.
- Dagon prostrate in front of the Ark
- Fell on his Face and he broke in half;
- Emerods broke on the Ashdod Assholes,
- Philistia rings with Adonai's laugh.
- With painful Steps they removed the Ark
- But the Emerods grew on the Men of Gath
- Inflamed they went down to noble Ekron
- Where Asses grew the Grapes of Wrath.
- Let us build a Cart with two yokeless milch Kine
- And let us forge bright golden Emerods
- And golden Mousies for a trespass Offering
- And return the Ark to its proper God.
- Then fell the Emerods from the Ashdod Assholes,
- Relieved was the pain of the Men of Gath,
- And the Kine went straight to the Way of Bethshemesh
- To Levites subtle and polymath.
- In: Feh! A Journal of Odious Poetry
- June, 1993
- -- Copyright 1993 by R. P. Veraa
- All rights reserved.
May Be Myself
The Naked Defender
- Teller's Tale
- Wulf [in preparation]
Graciela - a short story