Sample home page
[NetSide home page]
This document is a template you can edit to create your personal home page.
Home pages are provided at no additional cost, as part of your
There are a number of on-line resources you can consult to get started, such as
the HTML Primer,
a Beginner's Guide to HTML. Books and articles on the topic should also be
readily available at your favorite bookstore or library.
It is good practice to consider the following:
- Design your HTML document so that it can be meaningfully accessed by
non-graphics (ascii text only) browsers, such as lynx.
- Briefly explain/title your links.
- Remember that transferring large graphics by modem is time-consuming and,
if overdone, can dillute your message, and sometimes even become annoying to
- Keep your main index page short (around 2 screens), and branch out
referencing other pages containing more detail if necessary, rather than
creating one very long document.
- Maintain the context of the document by providing at least one full URL on
your main index page, and links that point back to your home page on additional
documents that were referenced.
- Take a look at what others have achieved, and model after what you like
[NetSide Users' Web Pages]
[NetSide Business Web Pages]